Monday, September 5, 2016

After the end book review




This was not what I was expecting...Granted, I didn't have much to go on. I just assumed from the title "After the End", this was going to be some kind of post-apocalyptic survival tale. 
Not so much.

Can you imagine basically being lied to your entire existence? This poor girl, Juneau, has been told her whole life that there was a WWIII and her clan was some of the only survivors.  They were relocated to Alaska to live their lives confined to a pre-determined area and told not to go beyond because there could be raiders looking to steal their resources. Only after her entire clan is kidnapped does Juneau realize she has been lied to. She is left alone. She must try to "save" her clan. But, how does one survive in this modern world when all you know is your commune's ways? 

I did enjoy this one. Some of the beginning conversations between Miles and Juneau are almost painful. They are just such an awkward and unlikely team. But, somewhere midway through, the author seems to hit her stride and they become a pair to cheer for.  Miles' voice, for me, lacked something....I can't put my finger on it. 

Somewhere about halfway through this, I thought "there is no way this is going to wrap up" and i was most definitely correct. This ended up on a huge cliffy. I am left with so many questions and wanting the next installment NOW!!!!


I do suggest this one. I think you have to push through the first 100 pages, the getting to know you stages, but after that this story is great! I'm excited to see where this is heading.

3.75 out of 5 stars.






















No comments:

Post a Comment