Thursday, August 25, 2016

Book review: The dressmaker

The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott



Look at this cover!!!! It's gorgeous right?
I was really expecting a romantic, titanic tale with some rich designer or something. This was pretty good, but it wasn't that....

In a nutshell this is a fictional story trying to answer why did only one life-boat go back to rescue overboard passengers from the titanic. Alcott really focuses in on one boat in particular- Lifeboat #1, the Duff-Gordon's boat. 
I am warning you I think I am about to go on a "Kristy Ramble".

This book was very informative, like spitting out facts (even if they were fictional). I later found out Alcott was a former journalist and she definitely wrote this book like a journalist... I hope that makes sense. 

Also, this thing needed to make up it's mind. Are you a romance book? If so, there needed to be a lot more! If not, there needed to be less. 

I needed more emotion! You were on the Titanic for cripes sake! Like I said, everything was just so factual, so robotic. The sinking, the imaginary-read-between-the-lines romance, the court case. 


Decent, but I am now on the lookout for a good Titanic story.

3 stars
Peace out lovelies.



No comments:

Post a Comment