Monday, August 29, 2016

Hold still







This took me just a little while to get into, but after about page 75 I was so engrossed I didn't want to put the book down. The back cover has praise from the authors of "Once was lost" and "If I stay", if you liked these, you will love this book. 

I want to see the photographs Ingrid took... I want to see the photo's that Catlin took... I want to read ALL of Ingrid's diaries.... I want to see Catlin's treehouse.... Can you tell this book captivated me?!?!?!

Did the inside of her treehouse look like this???
2nd Picture
Does the outside look like 
this?????

Am I even close?!?!?!?!

I would love to see what the author created brought to life. Movie?? Yes, Please. 

I also have to say I loved the music references, the poetry, the drawings. This is an artists' wet dream of a book!! 


We are following Catlin, after the loss of her best friend, Ingrid. Ingrid who we find out was messed up. Ingrid who committed suicide. Catlin goes through the stages of grief: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and eventually acceptance. She is mostly in a state of blaming herself. Why didn't she tell anyone about her friend cutting herself??? Why didn't she tell Ingrid she was beautiful? Why didn't she stick around when the going got tough? Why did she just look the other way?

This is a beautiful story and no where near as depressing as you would think. 

You should probably read it!

Quotes I loved!!!

" There is an indescribable feeling that comes from being desperately in love with a song."

"My best friend is dead, and I could have saved her. It's so wrong, so completely and painfully wrong, that I walked through my front door tonight smiling."

"There is a secret here. Somthing private being exchanged between photographer and image."

"My treehouse is finished. Actually, finished might not be the right word. I'll say this instead: my tree house is complete."

"An expression that's hard to pin down- part longing, part sorrow, part hope."




No comments:

Post a Comment