COLORED POWDER WAR!!!!
This year for VBS at our Church (Cumming Second Baptist) we had a Colored Powder War! Our Theme was Camp Courageous!
So, on Tuesday night we had a war night. Complete with Battle face-paint, lessons on the Armour of God or Being Bold and standing up for Christ in our everyday life and then the actual battle with the colored powder. (The kids also marched into 'We will Rock you' and that was a HUGE hit!) All the kids I spoke with, were very clear that this was their favorite night!
|Got our War Paint on!|
So, you want to know how to make the powder right?!?!?!?!
After lots of trial and error I think I have found the easiest, quickest, brightest kind!!!
- corn starch boxes (each box made roughly 5 sandwich bags)
- sandwich bags
- NEON food coloring (it has to be NEON for the bright colors)
- A couple of pans/casserole dishes.
- Place about half a box of cornstarch into blender.
- Squirt around 15 drops of NEON food coloring into the blender.
- Spoon in very little water (You do not want your cornstarch to be wet, you just want to activate the food coloring)
- Blend until all corn starch is completely covered.
- Dump cornstarch onto pan to dry out 100% (If your cornstarch is very wet, you will either need to sit it outside to air-dry or bake it at 200 for around 2 hours, checking every 30 minutes.) (If you go the baking route, you will need to blend the mixture again after it cools from the oven)
- Put your Colored Powder into sandwich bags.
- Have a Ball
*If you have any moisture in the bags and you are not using right away, it WILL grow mold. I highly suggest using it the day you make it.
*If you are doing this activity with younger children (2-4 year olds) I suggest wearing goggles or sunglasses. (For us, this age more so liked dumping it out on the ground opposed to throwing it at each other)
*If you get wet, this will stain.
|of course, my hubs had to get involved :)|