Monday, July 27, 2015

MY 5 MUST-HAVE ITEMS FOR NEWBORN TWINS!

#1: Swaddleme blankets (minimum of 2 per child) 



#2: Boppy newborn loungers! 



#3: Rock-n-play x 2 

This is probably my favorite baby item ever!!!! I mean, with 2 babies you need somewhere to sit atleast one baby down while you are tending to the other one. I can't tell you how many times I had one rocking in this with my foot and the other in my arms. 




#4:  Dr. Browns bottle set X2 
  I wasn't able to breastfeed due to my babies coming at 30 weeks. No milk supply for me, so if you are bf'ing you may or may not need this. 
Get at Amazon.com!

#5: Boudreaux's butt paste


I highly recommend getting both of these types. This clears up diaper rash quicker than anything! 
START YOUR STOCKPILE NOW!!!!


I also have to mention a tip one of my NICU nurses gave us. She said to apply vaseline at every diaper change to avoid any rash....well, she was right. My girls never had diaper rash as infants! They have only just recently started to get a bit of heat rash, but the butt paste clears that up! 



TWIN-MOM-TO-BE: You can do this! Having 2 infants at the same time is definitely not easy, but it does get easier as they get older. You will figure out what works for you and just do that. Don't worry about others' opinions and advice. Take it or leave it. You are the mom. God chose you. YOU GOT THIS!!!! 

And, remember to take pictures. You will think you are taking a ton, but take more :) 

I would also like to offer encouragement for those of you who end up having your babies early....my girls were born at 30 weeks...

We have gone from This:
Skylar 2.5 lbs

Emerson 3 lbs.



To THIS in 17 months 

Sky 20 lbs 

emmie 21 lbs 

2 comments: